• Advertisement

Wildcard SSL certificates

This is for more general topics about networking and vendors.

Wildcard SSL certificates

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi, I was wondering if someone got CSS1150X with SSL accelerator working with wildcard SSL certificate. We have 10+ sites we would like to enable SSL and figured wildcard certificates are way to go based on the cost. Specially, since most of the wildcard certificates comes with limitation of being able to install it on only one physical machine. I assume CSS would be considered one physical machine if SSL traffic is terminated on the CSS, however, wanted to find out whether wildcard SSL certificate is supported on CSS. We are using CSS11503 and depending on whether it supports wildcard certificate, we are planning on purchasing SSL accelerator.

Advertisement

Re:Wildcard SSL certificates

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:05 pm

wildcard certificate are supported on the CSS.

Gilles.

Re:Wildcard SSL certificates

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks for the information, Gilles. Looking at the pricing structure of SSL certificates, I wonder why wildcard certs aren't widely used as one would expect based on the cost. Well, I guess I will find out when I implement one. Thanks again.

Re: Wildcard SSL certificates

Postby Steverussell » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:49 pm

To secure the information of the customer, it is the duty of the website to take possible steps in order to prevent any kind of breach that is unauthenticated. Website can now take the help of SSL certificates that allow proper security of online transactions and sharing of information without getting traced by anyone. There are various kinds of certificates that are available for this facility and one of them is wildcard SSL certificates.
Steverussell
Hello I'm new here

• Advertisement