cannot use Internet on VPN connection

Firewalls, PIX, ASA, VPN, Access Control List, User Authentication, Data Encryption and Best Practices.

Re:cannot use Internet on VPN connection

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:21 am

Husy,I really appreciate your help over the couple of weeeks. I excuted "combofix". But I cannot understand what "log file" tells. Can this program repair system files  damaged due to VPN program upgrade? Thanks..Jae  

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:25 am

You are welcome, I hope we can fix all.Combofix fixes malware entries that would corrupt your browser to malfunction. Winsockfix repairs the corruptions that may have caused by VPN software. But I dont know a corruption type that may cause http not to work and https to work.Now let me understand the current issue. You can not connect to internet even the VPN is disconnected correct? I have a couple of questions and need some outputs of diagnostics1) I think you are in a hotel. Do you use wireless? May there be any quotas/restrictions by hotel management? 2) Connect via VPN. As you establish connection, right-click my network neighbors at desktop>Properties. Now right click Cisco VPN Adapter then click repair. Then disconnect your VPN client3) After you disconnect VPN, do the same repair for your Local Area connection or Wireless connection. While VPN is disconnected, please run the following in command linenslookupwww.google.comthen runtracert 64.156.132.140then run route printAnd post the outputs of these commands here.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:58 am

I don't know what environments has been changed on my claptop after installing combo fix. I need a time to watch. I could not connect to internet at a hotel and my office on wired  when the VPN is disconnected correct? The hotel, adam's mark provided a free wired internet service.As per your request, I created the two jpg files, but it cannot recreate my problem because I am now at my home through wireless connection. I have not had any Internet and VPN problem at my home. I used wireless router with VPN through at my home. I think that my Interent problem always with wired connnection, not wireless. Yesterday I came back to my office. I tried to connect to Internet at my office thorugh wired connection, but it did not work both Http and Https in this case (at the hotel, only http did not work), but strangely HTTP and HTTps Internet works immediately after connecting and then disconnecting VPN. This means that VPN connection is related to Internet munfunction. My second problem is that my laptop suddenly stopped as I said before after installing and uninstalling VPN 5, but not yesterday and today. But I need more time to watch my computer, but I think that I need to repair my window system files. Thanks   Jae  

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Believe me that your system files are working atm, you dont need a repair. If a critical system file was corrupted, you wouldnt be able to connect to internet at home.Only logical explaination for what you encounter is one of the following,1) You have static IP addresse and gateway assigned to your LAN connection (wired)2) You have more than one connections active at the same time ( wireless and LAN or LAN and a gprs at the same time) which causes default route determination issuesCurrent ouputs are OK, all working. If you encounter this issue again (at work etc), please send the same ouputs again including  an  ipconfig /all