cannot use Internet on VPN connection

Firewalls, PIX, ASA, VPN, Access Control List, User Authentication, Data Encryption and Best Practices.

Re:cannot use Internet on VPN connection

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Husy,Can you expplain more about this: "You have static IP addresse and gateway assigned to your LAN connection (wired)"My IP address is set as DCHP at my office.I only use one connection at a time, wire or wireless to avoid any confusion.  I use Linksys wireless router with VPN pass through at my home. When connected to VPN, Internet connection icon as seen the attaced photos, always appears and gets enabled. when I disconnect VPN, it also get disabled. Do you know what is that?  

Re:cannot use Internet on VPN connection

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:07 pm

"Can you expplain more about this: "You have static IP addresse and gateway assigned to your LAN connection (wired)" "If you statically assign an IP address to LAN connection, for example 192.168.1.5, and a gateway of 192.168.1.1 for example, ths will work at place which you made configuration for. In somewhere else, in hotel or at work, IP subnet would be different. And since your IP address is assigned static, it wont acquire a valid IP address at work or in hotel. So it must be set to obtain automatically.I usually see the icon you mention when computer connects to a WAN provider with a device connected to itself like a USB modem. But also sometimes see it when computer successfully connect to internet , especially in winxp Home editions, but sometimes I dont see it altough the inernet is connected. But this may be indicating one thing!If your VPN endpoint is configured to force all traffic through the tunnel, the VPN client will no more be surfing internet via its local gateway. Client will be connecting and even surfing the internet over main office, the VPN endpoint. If so, whenever you connect VPN, you will be having a new internet connection/service that is controlled by main office, and this might be causing that icon appear.If above is correct, that would explian the problem you face in hotel. Since laptop is forced to use the tunnel, a possible problem with VPN passthrough in the line that hotel management provided to you, will affect your internet connectivity also.To prove above theory, connect your VPN client. Right-click the VPN icon at right-bottom, then click statistics. Now click route details tab. If you dont see any network entry at right, or you see a network entry of 0.0.0.0, theory is correct.Another way of testing this is, while you are not connectet via VPN client, visit www.whatismyip.com . You will see your public IP. Now close the browser, connect via VPN client, then open a new browser and visit the site above again. If you see a different public IP, then theory is correctAbout the issue in hotel that while you were not connected to VPN and were unable to browse the network, hotel management might have been using a transparent proxy (they always use for advertisements when they provide free internet) which would affect your internet connection.

bbbb
Hello I'm new here

Re: cannot use Internet on VPN connection

Post by bbbb » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:55 pm

The very first purse originates from the actual manufacturer Mulberry Reproduction Purses. You might really feel this some type of boring in the very first view from it; however it is simply the actual unique style which expects in order to appeal to ladies clients having a complete brand new idea. Although it's simply within 2 colors that are monochrome, it's match for females that prefer to end up being easy. Really, Mulberry Reproduction Purses is simply about the easy style path. You might be very eager because you really are a woman along with enthusiasm. When the previous purse isn't at the urge for food, attempt Mulberry Reproduction Purses. In spite of its reproduction, you'll enjoy it right now the thing is this.
fashion bagsYou need to know the style purses on the internet. Indeed, that is Mulberry Reproduction Purses. An effective purse manufacturer exhibits the actual flavor associated with its proprietor along with the degree of the actual interpersonal she's within. Right now includes the actual blowing wind associated with fall tend to be a number of brand new fashionable purses launched through a few renowned manufacturers. Let us check out all of them. You must make sure just how much these people offered these types of purses with regard to. You will find couple of merchants that cost their own totes from 50% in order to 65% from the real price. You have to locate a price that you're pleased spending money on. These people think that whenever you will find discount rates or even at wholesale prices totes, they're right now obtaining a greatest offer from all of them.

Ayelen
Hello I'm new here

Re: cannot use Internet on VPN connection

Post by Ayelen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:45 am

Sorry, i don't sure about it but my best advice to you that use a good vpn service. There is a vpn review site where is a list of some best vpn providers. You can use any one form the list.
The list is here: UK VPN