• Advertisement

Wireless Network Design

Configuring Wireless Cisco Networks and Wireless Controllers.

Re:Wireless Network Design

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:29 am

In H-REAP you will create an SSID and enable local switching.  The interface you map that to will be the management.  In the H-REAP tab, you define the native vlan and hit apply and then you click vlan mapping and define the local vlan the users who associate to the ssid will be on.  The router will provide dhcp, so make sure you have the the router IP defined ad the primary dhcp on the ssid.

Remember to create a 802.1q trunk with the native vlan being the vlan the management IP of the h-reap AP is on.

I run the 4.2.66 code since I'm using the 1252 AP's and it seem to be working fine.  I have tested the 4.2.99 and 4.2.112 in a lab environment and that seems to be okay to, but that is a lab.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:49 am

Hi Again,

DHCP is provided by a different router at each site. Remember - my plan was to create 1 WLAN for all offices. The DHCP server address needs to be set on the WLAN.

Does this mean I can't have a global SSID/WLAN?

Are the 1242AG' restricted to 8-16 WLANs in H-REAP mode?

I have installed version 5 of WLC.

DH

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:54 am

You can have one ssid and vlan I'd configured. 

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:58 am

Thanks - so I guess now it looks like I have to have a seperate SSID for each site and use the WLAN override to only broadcast that SSID to it's relevant AP.

Thanks for all your help

DH

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:25 am

NO.... if you will only have on SSID you want to use in all your remote sites, then that will work.  When you put the AP in H-REAP mode, then you will have the option to to map that SSID to a local vlan.  If you decide you want to have different SSID's, then you will have to use WLAN Override.  Sorry for the confusion.

PreviousNext

• Advertisement