• Advertisement

My Curret Setup

Cisco CallManager, Cisco CallManager Express and IP Video

My Curret Setup

Postby wonderwall » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I am requesting everyone here who has any knowledge about Cisco hardware platforms that are used for IPCC and IPT.

The company in which i am currently working on has

5400 and 535XM as voice gateways,
PGW-2200
SLT-2651

After these 3 hardware components we have a gatekeeper and then the whole IPCC setup.

I am under the impression that to connect a SS7 and VoIP network we need a PSTN gateway(In my case they are Voice gateways mentioned above) then why are we using PGW and SLT as well.

this is the info which is given to me in a document

SLT
E1 terminates, Take Signaling part and send B n D channels to Voice gateway, Signaling part is resolved by it self and PGW

PGW
The Cisco PGW 2200 (formerly known as the Cisco VSC 3000) is a carrier-class call agent that performs the signaling and call-control tasks (such as digit analysis, routing, circuit selection, and more) within the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) gateway infrastructure. Taking advantage of a vast Signaling System 7 (SS7) protocol library and supporting industry-standard control protocols, including Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP), H.323, and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), the Cisco PGW 2200 provides service providers with the capability to seamlessly route voice and data calls between the PSTN and New World packet networks.

Any information is highly appreciated.
wonderwall
Hello I'm new here

Advertisement

• Advertisement