• Advertisement

Handheld Scanner Networking

Linksys, Netgear, sonicwall, ect. Webbase configurations for firewalls. Web filting traffic shaping.

Re:Handheld Scanner Networking

Postby Guest » Fri May 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Last questions...If i get the cisco 501 what will I need to do to get it up and running if I have an AP for it already?  Also, I'm having a hard time convincing my boss to look at wireless connection between the buildings because we had so many problems with our crappy linksys connection.  I found the 13.5 dBi antenna you pointed me towards and also a 21 dBi that I guess is the top end.  Once I put up the antennas what is necessary to connect them besides the AP if anything.  I just trying to figure out pros and cons of my options.

Advertisement

Re:Handheld Scanner Networking

Postby Guest » Fri May 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Before you go out and get the two cisco 501's you may want to look into if your exisiting firewall/network hardware can support VPNs. May help save you some money.

Essentially all you would have to ensure is that proper routing is in place. IE the clients connecting to the APs know how to get to your database servers.

The best way i would say to sell the idea is to find out why the previous attempt failed and show how this new design counters the previous failures. 

Re: Handheld Scanner Networking

Postby hone » Wed May 03, 2017 7:02 pm

maybe you can choose Huawei
hone
Cisco Catalyst 4500

Previous

• Advertisement