ACL issue

VTP, Portfast, Spanning Tree and all the other switch related stuff.
vinodvasu0605
Hello I'm new here

ACL issue

Post by vinodvasu0605 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:31 am

Hi....I vinod vasu here.....Can anybody help me for the below ACL issue....scenario is

User wanted specific traffic to flow from Live production to Test environment and specific traffic from Test environment to Live production with a new Vlan for Test environment.
So I configured New layer 2 and layer 3 vlan 444 on 6509 core switch....then configured Layer 2 vlan 444 on downstream switches to the Access Switch. Configured GLBP between 6509 switches for redundancy and load balancing.
Configured ACL's on 6509 switch and applied on layer 3 Vlan 444 in 6509 switch. ACL says specific traffic perimitted to and from from live production to Test environment and vice versa.
Tested the traffic flow from Live production to test environment for permitted traffic...it passes through, while other traffic drops, bcoz of deny statement.
While issue is specific traffic from Test environment to Live production drops even when there is permit statement, after troubleshooting when i shutdown one of the vlan 444 in one of the switch 6509, traffic passes through, while having both vlan active, traffic stops from Test environment to Live Production ACL.

Why...can anyone help me.