Fiber optic cable check command

VTP, Portfast, Spanning Tree and all the other switch related stuff.

Fiber optic cable check command

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:16 am

I know that "show cable-diag tdr int [slot/port]" command can check 10/100/1000 etherent link. For example WS-X6748-GE-TX... etc.But I can find any command to check gigabit only ethernet link. for example WS-X6724-SFPIs there no command to check fiber link??Thank you

Re:Fiber optic cable check command

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:29 am

What are you trying to test on the fiberoptic? Have you tried "show interfaces transceiver detail"?

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:42 am

I tried "show inter g3/3 tran det".But the switch display below message.Router#sh int g3/3 tran detDiagnostic Monitoring Data is not available.Could tell me why does switch display that message?My switch' IOS version is 12.2(18)SFX5.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:47 am

It's got nothing to do with your IOS.  The command "show interface <interface> transceiver detail" will NOT work on non-DOM (Digital Optical Monitoring) modules, like the SFP.  If you have a 10Gb module or the ruggedized SFP, try and this will work. What are you trying to test on your cable?

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:09 am

Thanks for your answer.I want to check a optical dBm at running switch. So I want to forecast a possiblity of optical link problem with low dBm.Is there any way I want?Thank you