• Advertisement

SDM Install Trouble

MIBS, SMMPv1, SMMPv2, SMMPv3 and management

SDM Install Trouble

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:50 am

I am having difficulty installing SDM v2.5 on a 1841 router.  I have connectivity to the router, I have a login with privilege level 15.  I am able to telnet to and login to the router fine.  However, when I run the SDM setup, it gives the error message that SDM was unable to connect to the router. 

I sniffed the network and SDM does telnet to the router, login, and then goes into and exits config mode, and that is it.

I do not have SSH enabled, but I'm not aware that that is necessary to install SDM.

Advertisement

Re:SDM Install Trouble

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:51 am

Any access-list and or access class configured on the router that may be preventing SDM access?

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:10 am

No, there are currently no access lists setup on the router at all.  Nor is any sort of firewalling turned on on the host computer I am trying to install from.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 am

Try to move the files manually via TFTP to the router's flash. Full SDM requires following files:

sdm.tar

sdmconfig-modelnum.cfg

home.tar

home.shtml

common.tar

Hope it helps...

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:41 pm

All of the files were already in the flash of the router except the sdm.tar file.  I transferred this file, and now full SDM does appear to be running on the router.  Thanks for the help.

Next

• Advertisement