• Advertisement

CCIP BGP and Composite (MPLS+BGP)

CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCVP and CCIE

CCIP BGP and Composite (MPLS+BGP)

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:16 am

I passed the CCIP BGP exam last 10/26/2007...Can I take the composite (mpls+bgp) exam and gain CCIP certification?

I know I could take MPLS instead, but I would like to take the composite instead this 2nd week of Feb.

Advertisement

Re:CCIP BGP and Composite (MPLS+BGP)

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi,

You need to take only MPLS (642-611). Save the money for QoS (642-642), BSCI (642-901), and CCNA - if you have not complete it.

Composite (642-892) is BSCI (642-901) and BCMSN (642-812) together, NOT BGP+MPLS together.

Regards,

Dandy

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Thanks Dandy,

I've already pass all modules except MPLS. I just heard that the MPLS+BGP exam is much simpler that the exam for MPLS alone.

There is bundle (sorry I've called it composite) exam for MPLS+BGP.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le8/learning_certification_type_home.html

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi,

I have not take any bundled exam recently, my last take was 7 years ago - COMPOSITE.  Which I can't remember what the exam like.

Maybe because MPLS+BGP exam has less question per module (i.e. 100 questions total for both rather than 70 questions for each if you take them individually) and the scroring maybe combined so if you are good in BGP, it will help the overall score. But noone knows what the exam like until you sit for it.

IMHO, if I already passed BGP, I rather take MPLS alone so that I can focus and also less number of question.

Regards,

Dandy

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:56 pm

The MPLS exam isn't so terrible. I found the BSCI harder at the time!

And though I've never attempted the composite, I always read that it's harder than the separate exams. Your mileage may vary...

Next

• Advertisement