• Advertisement

CCIE VOICE Please help

CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCVP and CCIE

CCIE VOICE Please help

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:30 pm

Hi,

I want to take the advice of all Voice Experts; actually, I want to do CCIE voice after holding CCNP, CCSP & CCVP.

However, I have heard that it is hard to clear CCLIE VOICE lab because lots of R&S in involved, so shall I do CCIE R&S first or directly attempt for Voice track, your genuine suggesting will be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestion

Advertisement

Re:CCIE VOICE Please help

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:37 pm

Hi,

Actually ccie voice has little to do with r&s, the two issues are qos and lan technologies.

That does not make it easy, ccie voice is a challenging cert, but it is well worth the effort.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help, Avner.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:20 pm

Thanks Avner for your valuable comments:)

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:53 pm

I suppose it depends on whether we're talking about the lab exam or about real-life deployment!

The CCIE Voice lab has very little to do with R&S as Avner mentioned.  The topics that are covered are really not the same as they are in CCIE R&S (there's no Cat6k in the R&S lab).  So there's no real benefit or tie-in to do both in terms of one helping you prepare for the other.

In real-life work though, I find that a lot of people doing voice deployments don't understand enough about the underlying architecture or seeing any potential problems during deployment.  Most of the voice networks I am brought in to troubleshoot  end up not being "voice" problems, but more likely bad QoS design, or bad/unknown spanning-tree design such that the packet flow isn't what's desired.

The CCIE Voice exam, though, doesn't really focus on issues such as this.

HTH,

Scott

smorris@ipexpert.com

PS.  Best of luck in your preparation for either track, and certainly keep in mind that both Avner and I work for (competing) CCIE training partners, so always take what we say with a grain of salt, but we should both be honest with you!  :)

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:29 pm

Thanks Scott  for your advice:))

Next

• Advertisement